Tuesday, January 31, 2012

B.O.B.B.Y Muffins!

What are B.O.B.B.Y Muffins?  One of the healthiest muffins I have ever made that's for sure! It's a breakfast of champions or in my case Mompions... hey that's not good when you break it down.. Mom + pion... no way!  Not happening.  Let's Say SuperMOMs!   It's been a while since I blogged, I've been cooking for sure, but just not taking pics and posting.  It takes time, and its fun, but it takes time.  So here is what I had in Mother Hubbard's cupboard.


B.O.B.B.Y Muffins are Banana Oat Bran Blueberry Yogurt Muffins! Pretty nifty right?  I wanted to eat healthier, so I searched for something that would be substantial with coffee or tea, and would give me some energy to boot!  These muffins are not too sweet, which I like.  You may add a little more sugar if you would want, but to keep the calories down, I really wouldn't.  These are healthy remember? The banana is subtle in this recipe, keeps it moist, as does the yogurt... ever have those dry oat bran muffins that if you didn't have a drink with it, would literally paste your mouth shut? It won't happen here, I guarantee. Enjoy a Waste Not Why Not exclusive Bobby Muffin!

B.O.B.B.Y Muffins

2 Cups Oat bran
2 TBSP butter 
1/2 Banana mashed
1/2 cup blueberries
1 6 oz. container of Chobani Honey Greek Yogurt 
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup Brown sugar
2 eggs
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees


Mix all dry ingredients thoroughly

Then all the wet with mashed banana  and mix with whisk until all ingredients are well blended.
(I'm on a Greek Yogurt kick so I love to use it however I can...it's just soo yummy!

Fold in bluberries... ( get nutrition facts on these little blue dyanamos!) 

Put in a greased muffin pan or use paper liners and bake on center rack for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
photos taken by Louise-Pena Candelaria

Yummy, Healthy B.O.B.B.Y Muffins!


Nutrition Facts:
130 Calories
5 grams Protein
2 grams fat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments!