This was in my pantry and fridge. (Oh yes I bought eggs...)
|Today's Recipe Pancake Mix Honey Raisin Coffee Cake|
This recipe doesn't have nuts in it. You may add nuts to the topping glaze if you want.
- 2 cups pancake mix ( I have the store brand)
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 6 TBSP Butter (4 TBSP melted for batter, 2 for topping)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (divided) 1/4 for batter, 1/4 for topping
- raisins ( I had about 1/4 cup leftover but you could cut up an apple or put in nuts)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda...(I realized it's pictured but you don't need it...it's in the mix)
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon sugar or 1 tsp cinnamon plus 1 tsp sugar. (for topping)
In large bowl mix pancake mix, 1/4 cup brown sugar, raisins, stir, then add 2 eggs, 1 cup yogurt, melted butter, vanilla, honey. Mix well. Grease your pan (8 x 8 would be perfect) and pour in mixture.
To make topping:
Melt 2 TBSP butter in sauce pan and add 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 TBSP cinnamon sugar.
Mix well until melted and starting to bubble...do not scorch.
Pour over cake batter and put in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
I love the smell of cinnamon! Beep Beep... it's done! Here it is... all golden and delicious.
Time for me to try it! Well, it's just scrumptious. Light and fluffy. ( I omitted lots of fat, most of the time coffee cake uses a lot of butter... I used half the amount. Also, I saved about 1/2 cup of sugar in this recipe... I really don't know how many calories I saved but it's a lot.
Remember, you can use what you have to create tasty and delicious dishes. I did it with this coffee cake. Take it to the next get together and let me know how it goes over!