Friday, January 13, 2012

Lobster Crockpot Mac and Cheese

That's right!  Woot Woot!  First of all let me just say it's 11:19 p.m. and I was preparing for a 'Girl's Night In' I will be having tommorrow.  So my usual lunch time post has been pushed back.  I was absolutely dying to post this, but the dust bunnies were attacking me so I had to swiffer them to oblivion.  Now to the recipe... here is what I had in my pantry.  So I thought what if?  What if I used this in the Crockpot Mac and Cheese recipe?  So, I this is what I have...
  • 2 cups elbow macaroni
  • 2 TBSP butter
  • 1 tsp ground mustard
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese ( I used that famous extra sharp block) 
  • random cheese slices... ( had some left over mozzarella slices)
  • Half cup Greek Yogurt (I used it all!!!) (you can use sour cream)
  • One can of Lobster bisque
  • 1 TBSP chives ( I love chives!)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup milk  ( I used skim) 

Boil macaroni noodles for 6 minutes very al dente.
Drain and toss with butter, mustard, salt and pepper, cheese, yogurt, and can of bisque.
Make sure you get a good can of lobster bisque... like Baxters, Bar Harbor, or Capt' Mariner's Seafood
Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours.  Enjoy...

My Daughter says you could really "rich" this up by adding cooked lobster meat the last 15 minutes and use gruyere instead...  ( When I get my hands on a lobster I will give it a try)

2 comments:

  1. I will definetly give this a try!!! I haven't seen lobster bisque in the store...so I will be on the search for some... ironically I plan to make lobster bisque in the crockpot this week...so maybe I can save that for this recipe...IDK if that is crockpot overkill or not, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.clubsoup.com Lobster Bisque can be purchased their.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments!