Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ham and Cheese Breakfast Burrito with Chili Lime Yogurt




Well, my honey impressed me again this morning with a delicious breakfast burrito.  I believe when it comes to throwing things together and creating concoctions, he is definitely the winner.  I do have some skills, but let's give credit where credit is due.  He spends hours and hours watching food network in his office while he's working.  He does work very hard, so when I get something homemade and delicious from him I really appreciate it.  He doesn't have to buy me diamonds, just cook me something yummy.
I woke up to the aroma of this in the morning... The Jose Burrito, as we call it.  I told him I would blog it and he was beyond excited. (See Sun-FlowerTini).  He told me how he made it, so let me get this right.
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Burrito with Chili Lime Sauce 
(makes two really fat burritos)
  • Six eggs
  • 1 TBSP Butter or olive oil
  • 2 Mission Garden Spinach Herb Wraps
  • 1/4 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
  • 1/2 medium sweet onion chopped
  • 1 roma tomato chopped
  • splash half and half
  • 1/2 tsp Adobo
  • pinch cayenne pepper
  • 2 slices smoked deli ham chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste


Chili Lime Sauce
  • 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1 tsp Siracha
In mixing bowl crack six eggs, and add a splash of half and half.  Add seasonings. Mix well until nice and frothy.  In a non stick frying pan, saute' onion in butter or olive oil until soft add smoked deli ham cook for a minute or two on medium heat, add roma tomato, cook another minute then add egg mixture, scramble and cook until eggs look solid, add cheese and let melt over top.
Lay out wraps and fill with cooked egg filling and wrap like a burrito.  
Need help wrapping? (click here)
Mix the ingredients for the chili lime sauce together.
Serve with wrap to dip.
Additions and Substitutions:
Have Cilantro?... put 1 TBSP chopped to egg mixture.
Want it meatier?...Use sausage, green pepper, and cheddar.
No half n half?...use milk, (soy, rice, or coconut)
No Greek yogurt?...Use sour cream.
Vegan:  Onions, Peppers,tofu,soy bacon, soy or rice cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments!