Monday, February 13, 2012

Yummiest Grilled Cheese Ever!


Comfort food at its finest...
You have a loaf of that crusty Italian bread, that usually goes in a hurry, but today you have enough to carve yourself two nice inch thick slices!  Wait, you have some cheese, in my case cheddar (the sharper the better I might add) What makes this grilled cheese so yummy? After all it sounds like every other normal grilled cheese that you can make.  It's Flavored Butter.  Yes, a parsley garlic butter! Oh my! I ate it so let me tell you 1) yes, it's delicious and 2) it's super easy.

What you will need

3 pats of salted butter
1 small clove garlic minced fine
1 TBSP fresh Italian Parsley chopped fine
Good crusty Italian or French Bread 2 Slices
 2 Slices Sharp Cheddar or whatever you have in the fridge.
Serves 1

Soften the butter and mix ingredients.  Spread on one side of the bread. Heat 10" skillet on medium ( not too hot or it will scorch)  Place bread butter side down, add cheese, and top with other slice butter up.  I know you know how to make a grilled cheese, but I want to cover my bases here. This is not a diet food.  So, enjoy every buttery bite! ( I do have a vegan version below)


Variations
Sharp Cheddar/ Applewood Smoked Bacon/Granny Smith Apple 
Swiss Cheese/Ham
Muenster/ Bologna
VEGAN: Soy Cheese/Grilled Portabello Sliced Thin/ RedOnion(Thin) Cooked in OVOO
Horseradish Cheese/Sliced Kielbasa
Mozzarella/Pepperoni/Sundried Tomato 1/2 tsp minced into butter

Butter Variations to Parsley Butter
 Rosemary Butter- add 1/4 tsp minced rosemary instead of Parsley
Chili  Butter-  Add 1/4 tsp of chili powder with a dash of cayenne.
Sundried Tomato Butter- 1/2 tsp minced 
Crabby Butter-  Add 1/2 teaspoon Old bay Seasoning 

Mix and match your ingredients to suit your tastes!

**From my Friend Lisa**
Pizza Grilled Cheese

Coming Soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments!