Friday, February 17, 2012

Scallion Corned Beef Hash

Ever look at a can of corned beef? My Mom always said cornbeef, I didn't realize it was cornED beef until recently. Corned beef was scary to me, I don't know why.  I was afraid to make this at home... I figured I would just order at the diner! No doubt, Diner Hash is heavenly, but this IS super duper easy to make at home and you don't need loads of ingredients to accompany the corned beef.  Its a stand alone type of guy!  I mustered up the courage and I finally cracked the Can-O-Hash!  No worries man.

What you will need

One can of Corned Beef
Two Medium Russet Potatoes 
2 or 3 Scallions (white and green parts)
2 TBSP butter or margarine
Salt and Pepper

 
Dice both potatoes and scallions like so.

Boil Potatoes until slightly fork tender
Salt the water if you want, but the corned beef is salty enough.


Add 2 TBSP butter or margarine to a 10 to 12 inch skillet
Add the potatoes and start pan frying them in the butter for about 5-7 minutes.


Add the Corned beef and scallions.  Mix well and let it sit in the pan cooking 3 -5 minutes then flip sections and cook the other side. The key is to get some crunchy bits... ooh that's the yummy part.  Season with Salt and Pepper. 

Corned Beeeeeeffffff ( In a Schmidtty voice) LOL

Serve with eggs... you can have 'em any way you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments!